torstai 16. joulukuuta 2010

2 600 meters

I've still got it.

Before I came here I took the cooper's test to check what kind of a shape I got myself in after doing indoor-cycling for half a year, more or less. In cooper's test you run 12 minutes as fast as you can. That wasn't the only reason, though. I also wanted to see how exchange studies affect you.

3. Do


Now that my last final exam is only one day away I took some time off to re-test myself. And I'll be damned: I've still got it. Both in the test before Korea and in the test I just took I stepped in the same result: 2 600 meters. How come? Well, I ran the treadmill. I chose 2 600 meters because that's the limit for average condition for guys as far as I know. Also, that was my result two years ago at the end of my time in the army.

I was slightly surprised to notice how easily I made it. I can't say I enjoyed it, especially afterwards as I get an unpleasant feeling in my mouth, nose and breathing channels. But during the last four months my practice has consisted only of yoga. I started with three yoga classes a week for one month in a studio, after which I went on hiatus and for a while now I've done it two times a week in my room.

I didn't want to go to the gym because I wanted to explore other ways to exercise. While I didn't exactly try everything I wanted to I still succeeded in avoiding the gym. Now there's a challenge for all of you who read this.

Anyway, my conclusion is that I will try to keep asthanga yoga in my exercise "portfolio".

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti