sunnuntai 12. joulukuuta 2010

Making money by doing fun stuff

I couldn't get sleep because of all the things revolving in my head so I figured I'd make a blog post about something that just came up to my mind: making money and having fun while doing it. Sounds random.

4. Random
Like I said in the previous post I will apply to a job in AIESEC. Reasons for that are very numerous but basically it's an organization where I enjoy working. I also like writing about stuff like this and today I came across two things that I could use as case studies.

Case 1. College Humor
The name says it: it's college humor. It's a site of sketches from college students (or if not, at least they're 20-somethings) to college students and the like-minded. How do they make money to afford this office was my first thought.

Case 2. How the hell did Matt get people to dance with him?
How did he? Yeah, I heard blogging about travelling is a dream job. This guy doesn't even need to blog and his site comes up first if you google for his name. Right.

Social media and the latest era of Internet. There are so many ways to make use of it that the entertainment industry is being reinvented - and has been, for the past... several years. Just go to Moogo, HeiaHeia or wherever. It's blooming allright (this link is a 101 crash course of social media).

So this also means that I'm going to try Google's Adsense (advertising) here. I'm doing it to learn more about the logic and the background statistics of web advertising. Like with the two cases I mentioned here I'd like to see this becoming something bigger. ...Don't worry, I'm not broke... even if you recall me mentioning my problems with money in the previous post.

And if you think you can help me out, just let me know. I'd like that.

4 kommenttia:

  1. try this : http://searchenginewatch.com/2167931 ... apply the correct meta tags to your source code and the search engine will pop your blog to no. 1 after some time provided you have a big no. of hits

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yes! I also wonder about the power of social media these days.

    But.. you should sleep soon. :) And enjoy few days left in Korea this year.

    See you soon.

    VastaaPoista
  3. try to focus on specific topics :D and exchange link of your blog to other blogs (with similar topics or you like)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Thanks. From Finland with love. ;-)

    VastaaPoista