lauantai 18. joulukuuta 2010

Shopping in Seoul

Who could've guessed? You know, you wouldn't think of me as the guy who goes shopping. Usually, I never do - and I did manage to postpone it this late - but there are a couple of places worth mentioning when talking about shopping in Seoul.

3. Do



Seoul metro is big. Look for the following stations:

-Line 1:
Gasan Digital Complex (Southwestern Seoul)
This is why I wrote this post. I might go visit the place today or tomorrow if I feel like it. Or wait until I come back from the Philippines after Christmas. They have a lot of outlet stores selling brand products for half price. If you want more details, check this out.
The nearest outlet mall from the station is Fashion Island. Mario Outlets 1, 2, and 3 stand behind Fashion Island. W-Mall is across the street from Mario Outlet 1. This is the area that most people visit. Fashion Island, Mario and W-Mall offer one-stop shopping for a variety of brands. There are also traditional factory outlets run by fashion manufacturers, such as Cheil Industries, selling sample clothes and stocked goods.
Yongsan (In the middle, at the river)
I think I mentioned this earlier in my blog, but Yongsan electronics market is the place to go shop for - you guessed it - electronics. Check this out. The prices aren't as low as I would've expected: my Samsung thin and light laptop cost over 500 euros.
Yongsan Electronics Market is in central Seoul (subway line 1, 'Yongsan' station) and is without doubt Korea's largest shopping centre for electronics: From digital cameras, MP3s, computers, LCDs, TVs, Hifi Stereos to VCDs and DVDs... everything is available.
-Line 4
Myeongdong (In the middle)
It's the center of Seoul. A lot of brand stores such as Shinsegae. Ask around for Namdaemun market if you want souvenirs or cheap products, though.



This is just the beginning, though. Seoul is a shopper's paradise if you are one. There are so many places that you probably will end up visiting just a minor fraction of them anyway. But for more places to shop, click here.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti